INTERNATIONAL HELPLINE: +27-11-333-6000 ASK FOR MAYDAY
General enquiries email: email@example.com
Mayday-SA is a group of volunteers offering a confidential and compassionate support network to South African aviation licence holders.
Mayday-SA is not a revenue generating entity and depends on the contributions, financial and in kind, of our partners and sponsors to deliver on our value proposition, vision and goals.
Mayday-SA is a sustainable internationally respected independent peer-based network supporting the wellbeing of each and every license holder thereby contributing to safety within the Southern African Aviation Community.
OUR CORE PURPOSE
Mayday-SA is a volunteer peer-based support structure responding to aviation license holders in crisis.
We provide confidential support to colleagues, and their families and friends who may feel isolated and experience difficulty coping with emotional reactions and responses to circumstances arising from Critical Incidents and other forms of Life Crises.
The lives of pilots and aircrew are very challenging in terms of balancing work and home life demands; the constant pressure to pass continual cycles of assessments where “failure” means loss of a license and a job; the challenging high-altitude operational environment; and the constant pressure to manage a highly complex series of tasks in order to bring the flight safely to its destination. They are frequently away from home and as they step out of this high pressure, high control existence into their other life, they need to become “normal” partners, parents and friends.
This cycle is stressful in itself, but add to this the regular life circumstances we all face such as relational problems; family illnesses; children’s demands (to name a few), and an aviation professional’s life is, at times, super-stressed. On occasion, these pressures can stretch own stress management capabilities to their limit. Appropriate and credible support can make a huge impact during these times.
- We guarantee Confidentiality
- We earn Trust
- We create a Safe space
- We respond with Compassion
- Integrity and Honesty is embedded in all we do.
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION
Mayday-SA is positioned as an independent “port-of-call” dedicated to providing peer support for aviation license holders. In essence to:
- Provide confidential support to colleagues who may feel isolated and experience difficulty coping with emotional reactions and responses to circumstances arising from Critical Incidents and other forms of Life Crises.
- Endeavour to pre-empt and mitigate the long-term highly detrimental effects of trauma from such incidents and crises by providing a safe, confidential and supportive environment dedicated to the emotional wellbeing of those who seek us out
- Provide a “collegial gateway” to a network of carefully selected, trained external professional experts when further help is needed.
082 496 8728
082 490 1435
082 801 6571
083 270 6001
082 336 2899
083 260 7521
Hugh Ben David
082 330 1100
084 980 9800
083 384 0112
083 297 1852
083 258 7322
082 768 1752
Sonia Ferreira (General Manager ALPA-SA)
Anita Pieterse (ALPA SA)