Date: Wednesday, 9th to Friday, 11th May, 2012
Venue: Emperors Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa
CONFERENCE THEME: ADDRESSING AFRICA’S AVIATION MANPOWER SHORTAGE & BRAIN DRAIN
Members from ALPA-SA are hereby invited to participate, on a complimentary basis, in the 2nd Annual African Aviation Training & Recruitment Conference & Exhibition taking place at Emperors Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa, from Wednesday, 9th to Friday, 11th May, 2012.
The Delegates from this organisation will not be required to pay an Attendance Fee and are invited to participate fully in the Welcoming Cocktail Reception, Two-Day Conference, mid-morning and mid-afternoon Refreshments and Lunch on both days, Cocktail Receptions, Dinners and to receive Conference Documentation provided by the Speakers, free of charge, but will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs.
All African Airlines, Aircraft Operators, African Aviation Training Organisations are invited to send officials and members to attend on a complimentary basis to learn about the latest training and human resource issues. Also, a great deal can be learned from networking with colleagues in the African aviation industry.
COMPLIMENTARY ATTENDANCE FOR STUDENT PILOTS
Students from African Aviation Training Organisations are also invited to participate on a complimentary basis in the 2nd Annual African Aviation Training & Recruitment Conference & Exhibition taking place at Emperors Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa, from Wednesday, 9th to Friday, 11th May, 2012.
COMPLIMENTARY ATTENDANCE FOR AFRICAN AVIATION & GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS
This is to confirm that, once again, African Aviation is pleased to invite the Manpower Development Departments of African Airlines, Airports, Air Traffic Control organisations, Ministries of Aviation and Aviation Parastatals as well as African Training Organisations to attend this Conference FREE OF CHARGE.
This Conference is specifically aimed at addressing Africa’s critical Aviation Manpower Requirements and Aviation Brain Drain and enhancing the optimal utilisation of Aviation Education & Training Facilities both within and outside Africa. The 2nd Annual African Aviation Training & Recruitment Conference & Exhibition will be attended by Senior Human Resource and Training Executives from African Airlines; African and International Aviation Training Institutions, African Government and Aviation Organisations.
This unique event will also focus on Aviation Recruitment Opportunities particularly within the African aviation industry, including Airlines, Airports, Air Traffic Control, etc, as well as globally.
Please note the list of Confirmed and Invited Speakers:
• Dr Blade Nzimande, Hon. Minister of Higher Education & Training, South Africa
• Mr Zakhele Thwala, CEO, SA Civil Aviation Authority
• Captain Johnny Woods, Head of Flight Operations & Chief Pilot, South African Airways
• Dr Mbithe Anzaya, Head of Learning & Development, Kenya Airways Pride Centre
• Mr Bert Selis, Regional Sales Manager, CAE Global Academy
• Mr Samuel Zewde, Vice President, Ethiopian Aviation Academy, Ethiopia
• Captain Ehab Abd ElAziz Elwareth, Aviation Training Director, EgyptAir Training Centre, Egypt
• Mr Attie Niemann, CEO, 43 Air School, South Africa
• Captain Peter Wolfe, Executive Director, Professional Aviation Board of Certification (PABC), USA
• Mr Tobias Florian, Key Account Manager, Africa, Lufthansa Technical Training
• Mr Dries Viljoen, Managing Director, Aviation Academy for Southern Africa & SMS Aviation
• Mr David Alexander, General Manager Professional Risk & Asset Management (PRISK), South Africa
• Ms Chloe Grant, Director, Anglais Aerien Afrique (Euro Control Formation), France
Senior Representatives of:
• ATNS Aviation Training Academy, South Africa
• Nigerian College of Aviation Training (NCAT), Nigeria
• Comair Training, South Africa
• IATA Training & Development Institute (ITDI)
• International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)
• Oxford Aviation Academy, UK
• CANSO, South Africa, etc
TOUR OF SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS’ TRAINING FACILITY
One of the highlights of the 2nd Annual African Aviation Training & Recruitment Conference will be the Tour of South African Airways Training Facility for all Conference Participants. Last year’s Tour of Kenya Airways’ Pride Centre was a particular success, very much appreciated by those who participated in the Tour and we anticipate that this year’s Tour will be of great value to Conference Participants.
CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION VENUE – EMPERORS PALACE, JOHANNESBURG
The 2nd Annual African Aviation Training & Recruitment Conference & Exhibition will take place in The Convention Centre – South Wing – of Emperors Palace.
Wednesday, 9th May, 2012: Welcoming Cocktail Reception – 7.00pm at Emperors Palace Hotel, for all Conference Participants.
Thursday, 10th May, 2012: Registration from 8.00am and Conference commences at 9.00am. The Tour of South African Airways’ Training Facility will take place after lunch on Thursday, 10th May, 2012 from 2.00pm. African Aviation Training Gala Dinner will take place immediately following the return of the Tour.
Friday, 11th May, 2012: Conference commences from 9.00am and closes with the African Aviation Cocktail Reception immediately after the close of the Conference.
WELCOMING COCKTAIL RECEPTION
Please note that there will be a Welcoming Cocktail Reception for all Conference Participants from 7.00pm on Wednesday, 9th May, 2012.
AFRICAN AVIATION GALA DINNER
The African Aviation Gala Dinner for all Conference Participants will take place on the evening of Thursday, 10th May, 2012.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FORM
We have attached a Conference Registration Form. We kindly request that you Complete and Return the Registration Form, by return email or fax, to African Aviation Services Limited to enable us to Officially Register you and your colleagues for this International Conference for the African Aviation Industry.
On behalf of African Aviation, I look forward to hearing from you by return email and to warmly welcoming you and your colleagues to the 2nd Annual African Aviation Training & Recruitment Conference & Exhibition taking place at Emperors Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa, from Wednesday, 9th to Friday, 11th May, 2012.
For more information, contact:
Tel: +44 1206 844288
Fax +44 1206 844299
Source: AFRICAN AVIATION